Our Story

How it all started...

In 1873, a converted Pool Hall was the first building used by the Methodists in the community of Browns Mills. Unfortunately, it burned down on Christmas Eve in 1898. The faithful community, however, was able to build a new structure for worship in time to celebrate Easter in 1899.

In 1958, the church aquired the property the property of the late Dr. Marcus Newcomb directly across from their church. A two-story brick educational building was erected and consecretated on August 25, 1963.

On December 6, 1970, the Browns Mills UMC congregation built a sanctuary-office complex. The next building was a new parsonage.

In 1991, a Building Committe was formed. Its purpose was to propse to the congregation a multi-purpose gym-fellowship hall, foyer, a church office and additional classrooms. The plan was approved in 1993. Construction on the addition started in January 1999 and was consecreated on May 21, 2000.

Expanding the vision...

The Cornerstone addition allowed new ministries to start. We host a range of community outreach programs such as Dinner Church one Wednesday a month;  the Board of Trustees Annual BBQ Fundraiser in July; the Welcome Basket Committee; and the Food Pantry. In addition the facility is used as a recreation area for our Little Lambs Pre-school, Vacation Bible School, Cub Scout meetings, Youth Group meetings, dinners and receptions. 

Where we are headed...

Our mission is to make disciple of Jesus Christ by loving each other and ministering to the community through the Word of God. We are community that loves, serves and nurtures one another by various acts of kindness and service. We have some much to offer and would love to share that message with anyone who will listen. 

Be a part of our story...

Join us every Sunday as we gather to worship together a 9:30 am and 11 am.